Friday, January 29, 2010

Precious bodily fluids

On this day, 46 years ago, Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (directed by Stanley Kubrick, 1964) was released. It remains a landmark film and the name of this blog is intended to honor it.

President Merkin Muffley (Peter Sellers): Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!

General "Buck" Turgidson (George C. Scott): I told you never to call me here, don't you know where I am?... Well look, baby, I c-, I can't talk to you now... my president needs me!... Of course Bucky'd rather be there with you!... Of course it isn't only physical!... I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you Mrs Buck Turgidson!... Oh, listen uh, you go back to sleep hon, and Bucky'll be back there just as soon as he can... All right... listen, sug, don't forget to say your prayers!

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake (Peter Sellers): Do I look all rancid and clotted? You look at me, Jack. Eh? Look, eh? And I drink a lot of water, you know. I'm what you might call a water man, Jack -- that's what I am. And I can swear to you, my boy, swear to you, that there's nothing wrong with my bodily fluids. Not a thing, Jackie.

Links: Dr. Strangelove on Wikipedia and Internet Movie Database

No comments:

Post a Comment